Saturday, August 13, 2011

Taylor Swift



I sit here tonight thinking about this new contest 107.9 The End just announced. A chance to work for Taylor Swift. I don't know any details, or any interesting facts about the contest, just that it involves Taylor, and that it will happen sometime soon. I sat back and watched the hundreds of facebook comments, twitter replies, and videos spring up, asking for the amazing opportunity to meet and work for an amazing role model and it hit me. There are so many wonderful, amazing people who deserve to have their dreams come true. 

I guess I sat back and thought about how excited I would be if I received that opportunity, but then again, I would strongly want to give it to someone else. 

If I strive to make other people's life's better, then I cannot be selfish. I have to give a lot, without expecting to get anything in return. I have to allow others to find their happiness, in order to find my own. 

I'm going to try to win this contest, but not for myself, for someone else. And if out of some miracle I do win, I will ask if there is any way I could give it away, to someone much more deserving. 

I'm only one person in this huge world, but I will not allow my own desires to blind me from seeing how amazing this experience would be for a young girl of 13. If I was allowed to meet and work for my favorite artist at 13, my whole life would be different. 

One act of kindness at a time, I will make this world a much better place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment