Friday, August 19, 2011

Thirteen Reasons Why


So, I'm currently reading a little bit of Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher every night and I just cannot put it down. If I didn't have to get up early every morning for work or my internship, man oh man, would I be reading it every second. I know that Selena Gomez has been chosen for the lead role of Hannah, but I wanted to cast my own group of teen starts that I think would fit each character :) here's my ideas -

Characters I still need to cast: Alex Standall; Ryan Shaver.
Some characters have honorable mentions, there are a lot of great actors and actresses out there!



Selena Gomez - Hannah Baker 
It is already said that Selena has agreed to do this movie as Hannah. I'm going to keep her in this spot because I feel it was a great decision on the casting director's part as well as on Selena's part for taking up a movie role like this. It is a break from her disney days, into something darker, and more emotional. Her fans will adore her in this film.


Max Thieriot- Clay Jensen
Max was featured in movies such as Nancy Drew, Chloe, Jumper, and My Soul to Take. I believe his acting ability to be strong enough to handle this type of emotional character. I have to admit, casting Clay was probably the hardest out of all characters. I feel like Max's exterior physical feature capture something different than a lot of the other young male stars I considered. Although, I wouldn't be opposed to an introduction of a completely original male lead, someone who is completely unknown, as long as he can bring that kindess to Clay's character.


Malese Jow - Jessica Davis 
Malese is beautiful, and as Hannah states in the book, she is much prettier than her. I do have to say Malese and Selena both have different qualities of beauty, they are both stunning. But Malese does have a very special ethnic qualities that provide a certain type of mystery and seduction. I just hope that she can pull off the difficult task of getting taken advantage of by a boy. She has taken on a role in The Vampire Diaries, and I think she could complete the role of Jessica beautifully.




Steven R. McQueen - Justin Foley 
You may recognize Steven as Jeremy Gilbert on The Vampire Diaries, but he's more than just that. To me, Steven has proven himself as a very special type of actor. His ability to provide the cast of Vampire Diaries with someone innocent and young, but still intelligent and romantic gives the viewers a breath of fresh air! He would be perfection in the interactions between Hannah and Justin, the innocence in their relationship, his betrayal, and the terrible event they both witness.


Katie Cassidy - Courtney Crimsen
I really liked Katie in 7th Heaven, but I'm not sure the depth of her acting skills. She has been on Gossip Girl and Melrose place, so her resume is amazing. Hopefully she could pull off a character as nice as Courtney can be, and also as mean as she can be.


Aaron Johnson - Tyler Down
Aaron was seen in movies such as The Illusionist, Kick-Ass, and Nowhere Boy. I think his look is perfection for the creepy character of Tyler. I pictured Tyler to be a little rugged, with longer hair and physical depth. I think Aaron has the acting ability to provide Tyler with that sense of disgusting terror necessary for a peeping tom.



Aly Michalka - Jenny Kurtz
Aly is beautiful, and young. She could be a cheerleader, in fact isn't she on a show where she plays a cheerleader?? I hope that she can provide Jenny with the dynamic of trying to be Hannah's friend and also causing something terrible to happen. I would need to see her and Selena interact, but I have faith in miss Aly.



Dev Patel - Zach Dempsey
When I saw Dev's picture online it occurred to me how much I loved him in Slumdog Millionaire. This  19 year old has such great acting abilities I feel like he could bring on a whole new level to Zach. I don't think Zach has that big of a role in Hannah's life, but he does make a lot of appearances, and I feel like Dev could be a perfect best friend character. Plus, he's extremely attractive and provides the film with a little diversity.


Carter Jenkins - Bryce Walker 
Coming across Carter's photo just made me literally clap my hands. His whole persona is just oozing Bryce. He is attractive, dark, mysterious, hot, but dangerous. He could pull of the difficult role of Bryce. His character may be unbelievably disgusting and horrible, but I really think Carter could pull this off.



William Moseley - Marcus Cooley 
William, ah what a beautiful actor. You and I both know him as Peter from the "Narnia" films, but don't you think he deserves another role after sequel after sequel? I know I do. I think he would be great as Marcus, the cute, attractive, class clown, funny man. Even though he thinks he can get away with making moves on Jenna, he's still cute, and she still goes out with him, so this boy has to be pretty attractive. William can hold onto a strong male role, and I believe he's proven himself in the "Narnia" films, but he needs a change, Marcus could be that great role change.


No comments:

Post a Comment